Silva Issue Tracker Archive: Issue1591

 This tracker has been migrated to Launchpad. Please post new messages at: https://bugs.launchpad.net/silva.
Title Kupu editor view not i18n
Priority bug Status chatting
Superseder (list) Nosy List faassen, flynt, kitblake, lbenno, thisfred (list)
Assigned To thisfred Topics Kupu, Silva-1.6 (list)

Created on 2006-06-19.15:57:10 by lbenno, last changed 2007-03-26.18:37:01 by kitblake.

Messages
msg9309 (view) Author: kitblake Date: 2007-03-26.18:37:01
This
msg8873 (view) Author: flynt Date: 2006-11-01.12:40:33
After discussing it with Benno:
No backport to Silva-1.5.X
msg8862 (view) Author: lbenno Date: 2006-10-26.15:47:10
For me, i18n of the kupu editor view is not critical. I just wondered why this
worked in an earlier version of Silva.

Reinhard will be back next week.
msg8858 (view) Author: kitblake Date: 2006-10-26.11:21:09
Ok, then, Benno, Reinhard, what would you guys like to have for Silva 1.5?
msg8856 (view) Author: thisfred Date: 2006-10-26.10:57:53
> Two questions (for Eric):
> Can you do an extraction of the Kupu strings for Silva 1.6 so somebody at ETH,
> perhaps Doris, can translate them?

The extractions are done, and in the trunk. The problem right now is 
that due to a bug in rosetta, I can't upload them so people can work on 
translations. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

> If we have the translations, could we put i18n attributes in the Kupu files that
> we distribute with Silva 1.5? I believe this would not be double work, as those
> same files are in Silva 1.6. Or are some of them '.kupu' files that need to made?

We'll need to fork kupu, since in 1.5 kupu isn't in Silva yet. If we do 
that, we can set the i18n-domain to 'silva' instead of kupu, and put the 
strings into the silva.pot somehow. (We need to be careful, because a 
reextraction will remove the strings if we add them by hand, but 
hopefully no re-extractions will be necessary for the 1.5 branch.)
msg8852 (view) Author: kitblake Date: 2006-10-26.07:00:14
Two questions (for Eric):
Can you do an extraction of the Kupu strings for Silva 1.6 so somebody at ETH,
perhaps Doris, can translate them?

If we have the translations, could we put i18n attributes in the Kupu files that
we distribute with Silva 1.5? I believe this would not be double work, as those
same files are in Silva 1.6. Or are some of them '.kupu' files that need to made?
msg8803 (view) Author: thisfred Date: 2006-10-10.17:56:37
Ok, I think I have a better picture now:

silva-kupu was never fully i18n-ed, and the translated strings came from the
i18n of generic kupu, that's why 'image' and 'table' were translated. The kupu
maintainers never bothered to extract strings from the silva macros, so the
silva specific things never ended up in the .pot template :(

The good news is that from Silva1.6 up the silva specific files from kupu are in
the Silva core itself, so we have full control and can i18n those. 

But the i18n machinery in kupu1.3.5 depends on the old placeless translation
service way of doing things, and Silva 1.5 does not support that anymore. I'll
see if I can fix it somehow.
msg8784 (view) Author: flynt Date: 2006-10-09.17:41:01
What is the status here?

In our official oder we mentioned that solving this Issue is important for
Infrae Issues 1551 and 1544.
msg8609 (view) Author: lbenno Date: 2006-06-26.11:15:52
Eric, I can confirm that the problem occurs with Silva-1.5 (kupu 1.3.5-pre).
Using Silva 1.4 and kupu, I see the section titles 'Bild' and 'Tabelle'
translated, whereas using Silva 1.5, this sections titles are 'image' and 'table'.

Can't you reproduce that?
msg8608 (view) Author: thisfred Date: 2006-06-23.16:34:06
Benno, just to double check: which versions of kupu are you using? I see not a
single difference in i18n between the recommended kupu versions for Silva-1.4
(1.3.1) and Silva-1.5 (1.3.5-pre). It could be that the new way Silva handles
i18n breaks the kupu i18n...
msg8607 (view) Author: thisfred Date: 2006-06-23.16:22:35
Strike my last reply, the move happened *after* 1.5.. Will investigate.
msg8603 (view) Author: thisfred Date: 2006-06-20.10:42:02
This may have to do with the fact that some Silva specific things have moved
from kupu into the silva core, so the strings may not have moved along. (Note to
self: check out a tool that Samuel pointed out for merging translations from
different products.) I'll have a look at this.
msg8601 (view) Author: lbenno Date: 2006-06-19.15:57:09
I've started to work with Silva 1.5. To my surprise I saw that some of the
elements that have been internationalized in Silva 1.4 arn't anymore in Silva
1.5. E.g the sections 'image' and 'table' have been displayed as 'Bild' and
'Tabelle'. Further, the form fields to enter parameters for external sources
displayed the translated labels in Silva 1.4, whereas in Silva 1.5, only the
original versions are shown.

In the forms editor, the correct translations are displayed when I insert an
external source.
History
Date User Action Args
2007-03-26 18:37:02kitblakesetstatus: testing -> chatting
messages: + msg9309
2006-11-04 07:40:28kitblakesetstatus: chatting -> testing
topic: - Silva-1.5
2006-11-01 12:40:35flyntsetmessages: + msg8873
2006-10-26 15:47:11lbennosetmessages: + msg8862
2006-10-26 11:21:10kitblakesetmessages: + msg8858
2006-10-26 10:57:54thisfredsetmessages: + msg8856
2006-10-26 07:00:20kitblakesetmessages: + msg8852
2006-10-10 17:56:37thisfredsetmessages: + msg8803
2006-10-09 17:41:02flyntsetmessages: + msg8784
2006-06-26 11:15:56lbennosetmessages: + msg8609
2006-06-23 16:34:06thisfredsetmessages: + msg8608
2006-06-23 16:22:35thisfredsetmessages: + msg8607
2006-06-20 10:42:03thisfredsetstatus: unread -> chatting
nosy: + thisfred
messages: + msg8603
assignedto: thisfred
2006-06-19 15:58:13kitblakesettopic: + Silva-1.6
nosy: flynt, lbenno, faassen, kitblake
2006-06-19 15:57:10lbennocreate